Thursday, January 31, 2008

Two Very Special Days!!

My class celebrated two very special days this past week. January 29th was Kansas' 147th birthday! Happy Birthday Kansas! We celebrated by having an open house and wax museum so that people from our town could come and learn more about famous people from Kansas. Some students chose sport stars from Kansas like Barry Sanders or Jackie Stiles. Some students chose historical figures from Kansas like Buffalo Bill Cody or Carrie Nation. Some students chose musicians like Martina McBride or Charlie Parker. But my favorite was a fictional character from Kansas...Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz! She let me hang out with her. See the picture?

We also celebrated out 100th day of school. Can you believe we've been in school for 100 days? The students worked hard putting together 100 Legos to create a really neat project.

Well, I need to get back to my friends. We still have lots to learn before the end of the year.

Radar

No comments: